- Educational Record Review
- Attend IEP/504 Meetings
- Manifestation Determination/Appeals
- Strategic Development and Planning
- Assist with State & Fed Complaints
2 AOTS Group provides parent advocacy training and support so parents better understand the world of special education. Parent training and support services can assist with develop and review of educational plans to ensure children have the same opportunity to receive a free appropriate public education as any other child disabled or non-disabled.
3 The Southern California area is home to hundreds of doctors, therapists and other clinicians who work with families to identify physical, social, emotional and cognitive disabilities. With so many options, how do you know where to begin? AOTS Group can assist you in connecting with local providers who are experts in their field, and are ready to help you identify what your child's needs are.
- "Theresa Sester has been invaluable in my dealings with the school district. As a teacher, I thought I was capable of handling my son’s IEP as he entered middle school, I was wrong. It was a completely different environment. Theresa gave me the confidence to stay strong and focused. She is professional and always prepared. Every time she came to the IEPs’ (there have been several) she was completely familiar with my son’s current IEP, PBSP, goals and diagnostic reports. Without her, there would have been many things that I missed. She has made sure that my son is on a good path to a diploma and she will always be the second chair in every IEP. I wouldn’t go to one without her."
- “I contacted Theresa Sester for advocacy services when I had a disagreement with the school district regarding placement and services for my daughter. I had tried several times to resolve issues on my own, but without much knowledge in special education and the laws the district is obligated to follow, I had hit a brick wall. Theresa came highly recommended as an advocate and has provided me with endless amounts of knowledge and information pertaining to the IEP process. She has given me a better understanding of what an appropriate IEP entails, and has brought several issues to light for me that I did not see. The continuous and ongoing communication from Theresa when I have questions or concerns leave me feeling confident and at ease when making special education decisions for my daughter. Theresa has been at my side for several IEP meetings and has demonstrated her expertise and extensive knowledge in special education. Within moments, anyone can clearly see that Theresa is passionate about advocating for children and ensuring they receive an appropriate education.”
- "Theresa we would like to thank you for all that you have helped us to accomplish with our local school district. I never would have though as an educator that I would need the support of an advocate. Your level professionalism and understanding of our local educational system is amazing. You were the angel that came to us at the right time and we will never be able to thank you enough. We look forward to having you with us in future district meetings until the next time."